Parental Relocation

Amber Boles
Attorney & Mediator Tampa Fl

Typically in Florida, when a parent wishes to move away or relocate with his or her minor child to a new residence 50 miles or more away from the current residence, they must follow strict guidelines. The relocating parent must provide advance notice of the intent to relocate to the other parent. the non-relocating parent has a right to agree or contest the parental relocation. If the non-relocating parent contests the relocation, and notifies the Court, the relocating parent must obtain the Court’s permission in order to relocate.

If the parents are not in agreement on the relocation of the minor child, the Court may hold a preliminary hearing and issue a temporary order. The Court may grant or deny the relocation on a temporary basis until a final hearing can be held by the Court.

Florida relocation matters are specifically governed by Section 61.13001, Florida Statutes.

This Section states that “If a parent attempts to relocate with a child and fails to comply with section 61.13001(3) of the Florida Statutes regarding the petition to relocate, such parent may be subject to contempt and other proceedings to compel the return of the child, and such non-compliance may be taken into account by the court in a subsequent determination or modification of the parenting plan, access, or the time-sharing schedule.” Depending on the circumstances a hasty decision can have lasting consequences.

Parental relocation inevitably interferes with any court approved visitation arrangements, child custody or time sharing. Therefore any contested parental relocation proposal will need to be approved by the court. If you are responding to a proposed move you generally have to do so quickly. Relocation hearings are given precedent by statute as they are required to take priority in scheduling. If you object to the move, or if you are a parent seeking to relocate with your child seeking legal advice is important to preserve your rights.

Contact The Law Office of Amber Boles, PA to schedule your mediation. 813-237-6633

Stop searching for an attorney you can trust and count on. Amber Boles is your attorney. She is incredibly responsive, always willing to listen to your concerns and has a very caring heart. We were at our last hope in trying to get a two year case resolved. After spending thousands and thousands of dollars with another attorney and getting nowhere, Amber took on our case with such passion that she was able to get more accomplished in 45 days than our old attorney did in two years. She is someone who in my opinion doesn’t see you as a revenue stream, but one who wants justice served for her clients. She studied hard to know our case and spent countless hours getting ready for trial. She represented us so well in court. Amber is inspiring to be around and candidly one of the smartest individuals I have the chance to be around. I highly recommend you hire Amber Boles. She is top notch in our book. An outstanding lawyer.

- Steve

I hired Amber to assist me with my divorce. My ex-husband is self-employed and was trying to evade alimony and child support payments. Amber was very aggressive in uncovering his income. She left no stone unturned, and did not waste time in moving my case forward. She was extremely knowledgeable about the law and was very familiar with our judge. At trial she presented the evidence and facts in a clear, professional manner. She was very organized, and aggressive. Most of all she really cared about me. She far exceeded my expectations. She was the second attorney I had on my case, and by far the best! Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

- Debra

Words cannot explain what an amazing human being Amber is. She went above and beyond to help me in a very ugly custody battle. I couldn’t have asked for a better attorney. When you’re in court cases that have your children’s safety at risk, you want the best. And Amber Boles is the best!

- Kelly

Professional, personable, efficient, informative, and the list goes on. Thank you so much for handling my family’s legal matter quickly and efficiently. We could not have done it without you being there every step of the way. My family and I are very satisfied with your services. You are our “go to” attorney. I highly recommend Amber Boles!

- A.I

Amber is wonderful! After a two year long, failed custody battle with another attorney, we hired Amber. Amber had the case resolved in about 5 months with mediation and we got everything we wanted! Amber knows family law so well, it made the process easy and comfortable! We highly recommend her!

- Andrea
Badge Badge Badge Badge Badge Badge Badge